Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rough out.

So I gotta admit I was totally dreading going to Girls camp when I found out that the girls in our ward will be moved to other wards and that we would get a bunch of girls from all the other wards. It's not like I didn't like the Young Women in the other wards, I was just thinking about how our Cannon 2nd girls are sooo easy to please. We could sit around and talk to each other the whole time and still go home and say we had a blast! Anyways so I got off work and went straight to the bishops house to get ready to drive up. (I know crack head status!) Anyways we get there and the girls are sitting around talking, makin things for their secret sisters, and eating. Than comes the time to switch I was still annoyed and complained as they were leaving. So I was sitting there waiting and all the new girls come. All quiet except for Pele who came from Parkview ward which is like our sister ward. As we got to know them they were all super sweet. We assigned them into tent with girls we know didn't know each other at all! I mean this camp was about gettin to know each other and what better way to get to know someone than to sleep with them.. Or next to them. Yea that sounds a little more appropriate. lol The good thing for us ward leaders is that the stake planned activities for pretty much all day that we only had to worry about the food! When it came time to sleep I was soo surprised by how many for the girls actually stayed at our ward. Only two of the 16 went back to their wards. Mona & Uinise came up to camp with us as leaders which turned out to be so much help! Not only did I use all of the stuff  Mona packed, I got to know her better(: When it was time to sleep us three were in a tent and we decided we wanted to star gaze than sleep outside of the tent. 
(Kay we are hella pretending to sleep in this picture because when I was sleeping every part of my body was under my blanket because it was freeezzzing all night!)
The next night we had a little award ceremony where we recognized each of the girls for the other wards with an award of something we noticed about them from our short time together. One of the girls got out "Most Hood" award because she actually beat up a girl at camp and went home. lol After all that we had a testimony meeting that was filled with the spirit. We had such amazing girls in our ward I miss them right now! The next night was skit night. We had Samuel the Laminate. For those of you who do not know this story it's about Samuel preaching on the city wall and the city rejects his teaching and mock him. He predicts the three days & nights of darkness and after it happens they have a change of heart. The girls were challenged to think about how that happens now a days & make up a skit from that. They came up with the idea of someone preaching and each of them would act out different trials and temptations  they face everyday. We had the word of wisdom, law of Chastity, gossip, and fighting. Than after the things the person was preaching about comes true they would repent and change. It was so funny & I'm super grateful EVERY single girl participated. 
 
Me & Mona being the GREAT leaders we and eating while the girls do certifications.
Love these headaches:TeleSia,Nancy#2,UiniseT.
Don't hate my 6pack(;
My Tienna Latu who loves me dearly.
Yeah I made that fire all on my own! lol
Over all the camp turned out way better than I expected it too and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to go to girls camp for what might be the last time. I love my original Cannon girls as well as my New Cannon girls better known as the C-Flowers!
<3NancyPamela'Otukolo

No comments:

Post a Comment